Exlar's EL Series linear
actuators integrate a
planetary roller screw mechanism with a high torque servomotor in a single
self-contained package. The roller screw consists of multiple threaded rollers
assembled in a planetary arrangement around a threaded shaft.
Other features of Exlar's servo-electromechanical systems include:
- Speeds up to 25 ips
- Forces up to 2000 lbs
- 8 pole brushless motors
- Strokes up to 6 inches
- Feedback configurations for nearly any resolver-based servo amplifier
- Several mounting configurations
- Windings available from 24 V dc to 460 Vrms
- CSA Class I, Div 1 Group B, C, D and T3 hazardous environment rating
- ATEX II 2 G Ex d IIB T3 Gb IP66
- Completely sealed motor
For valve and damper control, the EL Series actuators continuously hold the position of the valve stem or shaft allowing extremely fast response to the smallest command signal changes without overshoot even when friction is present. This results in improved loop performance and reduced process variability.
EL Series explosion-proof actuators are useful for valve control, damper control, printing presses, engine test stands, fuel skids, refineries, paint booths and shipboard fuel management.