Design News Motion Control Survey Sweepstakes
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Design News Motion Control Survey Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by UBM Canon, a division of United Business Media LLC, 2901 28th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90405 USA (“UBM” or “Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes is governed by these Official Rules, as well as by the laws of the State of California and applicable United States federal law, without regard to any conflicts of laws principles. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is being run in connection with the Design News Motion Control Survey Sweepstakes on DesignNews.com (the “WEBSITE”) and is therefore also governed by UBM’s Terms of Service and Privacy Statement, as well as other policies pertaining to the UBM Website. These Official Rules will govern any conflict between any of the Website policies and these Official Rules. The Website policies may be viewed on the Website.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Entries are accepted via the Design News Motion Control Survey once a person completes the survey.
3. NOTIFICATION: One (1) winner will be selected, in total, during one (1) drawing from all eligible entries received up to and including the date of the drawing. The potential winners will be notified by mail, email and/or telephone approximately one week after the course has ended. The odds of winning are determined by the total number of eligible entries received. The odds of winning are determined by the total number of eligible entries received.
Winners will be required to respond to the prize notification within the time specified in the notification and may be required to: (1) provide his or her full mailing address for the purpose of receiving the prize(s), which address must be within the 50 United States (excluding Puerto Rico) or Canada (excluding Quebec); (2) sign and return a release of liability, declaration of eligibility, and, where lawful, a publicity release, upon Sponsor’s request; (3) verify his or her social security number or other taxpayer identification number; and (4) take possession of the prize(s) in the manner specified by Sponsor. In addition, selected Canadian entrants must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill testing question administered by telephone in order to claim a prize. If the above requirements are not met, the prize(s) may be awarded to a replacement winner or winners drawn at random from the pool of remaining eligible entries. The replacement winner(s) will need to satisfy all of the requirements of these Official Rules. This process will be repeated until the prize(s) are awarded in full .
4. PRIZE(S): One (1) winner will receive one (1) Mini Tablet (approximate retail value under $329 US dollars). EACH PRIZE IS GIVEN AWAY BY SPONSOR “AS-IS.” SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM, ANY WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, REGARDING ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
5. ELIGIBILITY: This promotion is offered and open only to legal residents of the United States of America (excluding Puerto Rico), and Canada, who: are 18 years or older at the time of entry, have access to the Internet on or before June 30, 2013. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, public relations, and promotion agencies, Webmasters/suppliers and members of the immediate family (spouse, children, siblings, parents), and persons living in the same household (whether or not related) of any said employee, officer, or director are ineligible to enter or win. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited.
Only one (1) entry via any means of entry per person, email address, or household is permitted. Late, incomplete, computer-generated script, or other automated entries are not eligible and are void. In addition, entries that have been tampered with or altered are not eligible and are void. Entries made on the Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. In the event of a dispute, a potential winner may be required to provide proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the potentially winning entry. It is the sole responsibility of each entrant to notify Sponsor in the event of a change in email address or other contact information. Sponsor is not responsible for network, modem, or other equipment failures or for incomplete, garbled, or delayed entries, however caused.
6. DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant that Sponsor determines: (1) has tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Website; (2) has acted in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy or harass Sponsor or any other person or entity; (3) has not satisfied all of the requirements for entry in the Sweepstakes; or (4) to be otherwise ineligible under, or otherwise in violation of, these Official Rules. Any attempt by an entrant to commit any of the above acts of misconduct may be a violation of civil or criminal law and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7. LIABILITY/TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By entering the contest you agree to participate at your own risk. By entering, each entrant releases and holds harmless Sponsor, any manufacturer or supplier of any prize, any other persons or entities involved in the Sweepstakes, each of its and their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, from any responsibility or liability whatsoever arising out of or resulting from: (1) entry or participation in the Sweepstakes; (2) the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize; (3) any violation by such entrant of these Official Rules or applicable laws; (4) any incorrect or inaccurate entry of information including, but not limited to, as a result of technical malfunctions, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof; (5) entry materials that have been tampered with, or entries that are illegible, late, lost, damaged, postage due, or misdirected; (6) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any material in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (7) any conditions arising from events beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ANY OF THE AFOREMENTIONED PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEPSTAKES, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, WHETHER ARISING IN STATUTE, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH PARTY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND ALL SUCH DAMAGES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED.
8.PUBLICITY: By entering, each entrant grants the Sponsor the right to use and publish such entrant’s name, state of residence, and any other information in any winning entry both online and in print, in connection with the Sweepstakes, without additional compensation, except to the extent prohibited by law. In addition, by entering, each entrant consents to the use of their names and likeness for advertising and/or promotional and/or marketing purposes without additional compensation. (A Tennessee resident consents to the use of his name and likeness only if such Tennessee resident expressly consents to such use.) Sponsor reserves the right to use any information provided by entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes in any manner permitted by these Official Rules or the Website policies.
9. TERMINATION: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes at any time for any reason, including but not limited to any reason that affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Such reasons include but are not limited to fraud, tampering, unauthorized access, infections by computer virus, bugs, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor. Should the Sweepstakes ever be terminated prior to awarding of the prize(s), Sponsor will announce an alternate means of awarding the prize(s) on the Website.
10. NO ENDORSEMENT: Nothing contained in these Official Rules or in any of the Sweepstakes materials should be construed as an endorsement by Sponsor of any prize manufacturers or suppliers or other third party, product, or service.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the prize winner(s), available after June 30, 2013, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
Design News Motion Control Survey Sweepstakes
2901 28th Street, Suite 100
Santa Monica, CA 90405