Corp.'s new line of SureCross Performance Wireless I/O
Gateways and Nodes feature
high-power radio frequency (RF) architecture with 1W transmit power in the 900
MHz ISM band. This architecture provides an increased range between devices-up
to six miles-delivering an industrial Wireless solution in all environments,
including remote or difficult-to-access areas.
New models within this product family include universal analog inputs, providing users with increased input selection options in a single device. Operators have the ability to select either 4 to 20 mA or 0 to 10V inputs in the field. Additional Node and Gateway models provide up to 12 discrete inputs or outputs. The SureCross Performance family also includes new temperature Node options, offering up to four factory-calibrated temperature inputs for thermocouples or RTD inputs.
With Banner's Flex Power technology, the SureCross Performance radio and external 3rd party sensors can be powered by solar panels, battery modules or 10-30V dc so solutions are not limited by locations with wired power.
SureCross Performance features are intended to simplify the specification and installation process for operators, offering flexible mounting and power options. Some of the new models offer an enhanced "E" housing style to provide an integrated battery and wiring terminal in one unit. The Performance devices can also be configured to operate with Banner's existing product line of 150 mW radios.
Banner's new models are useful for long-range control and monitoring applications, including the following:
- Reporting machine status in a large manufacturing facility
- Monitoring landfill ground well levels and controlling pumps
- Remote monitoring of towers or tank farms across multiple locations
- Controlling equipment over long distances without installing high gain antennas
- Enabling indoor applications without line of sight between radios
- Minimizing installation time using the "E" housing, with integrated battery-power supply