EtherCAT master controller operates complex machine control tasks such as
application programs, communication with the host PC or HMI, safety and error
handling and multi-axis motion profile generation. The SPiiPlus NTM can control up to 32
axes of fully synchronized motion, with all real time control tasks handled by
The SPiiPlus NTM controls the following ACS slave modules to provide additional drive and I/O capabilities:
- MC4Udc - up to 8 axis drive chassis for servo/stepper motors
- UDMnt - up to 2 axis drive module for servo/stepper motors
- SDMnt - up to 8 axis stepper drive module
- PDMnt - up to 4 axis Pulse/Direction Interface module
- IOMnt - up to 32/32 digital I/O module
The SPiiPlus NTM controller can control any third party EtherCAT drive or I/O modules, which are qualified by ACS Motion Control.
The SPiiPlus NTM is supported by the ACSPL+ motion programming language and a set of software tools, such as the SPiiPlus MMI Application Studio and API for host application development. These tools include a full PC-based controller simulator that greatly reduces the cost of ownership and time-to-market for OEMs, system integrators and end users.