California-based Solid Concepts has been providing additive manufacturing solutions since 1991. The company was created to provide rapid prototyping and production solutions for customers. Therefore, it also offers many different forms of custom manufacturing techniques for customers to choose the best method for their needs. For instance, it offers QuantomCast, its flagship urethane product, which creates strong and stable pre-production and short-run production components. This method enables customers to quickly manufacture durable and rigid short-run components. Furthermore, Solid Concepts offers a CNC milling service. Its 5-axis milling machines have blades that can cut on the X, Y, and Z axis, as well as an A and B axis.
Texas-based Harvest Technologies was created with the vision to provide the best products in the fastest lead times at competitive prices. Its 40,000-sq-ft facility houses all types of different state-of-the-art equipment, which includes laser sintering, direct metal laser sintering, stereolithography, and fused deposition modeling machines. In addition, it also offers casting and molding processes, machining services, and post process/finishing services.
Stratasys CEO David Reis said in a press release that the acquisitions will significantly expand Stratasys' offerings, help it target new applications, and build its customer base. The two new companies will be combined with RedEye, the company's printing service that sells 3D parts directly to customers. The transaction is expected to be finalized by the third quarter of 2014.
- Stratasys Unveils High-End, Multi-Material 3D Printer
- Stratasys Expands 3D Printing Materials Options
- 3D Printing High-Strength Carbon Composites Using PEEK, PAEK
- Stratasys Buys 3D Printing Service Bureaus to Expand End Production
- 3D Printing Approaches End Production With Single, Multi-Materials
- Nypro Healthcare Improves Rapid 3D Prototyping for Medical Device Makers
- Learning Labs Focus on Materials & 3D Printing
- Slideshow: 3D Printed ABS & Nylon 12 Get Stronger, Tougher