I recently spent the day at the New York International Auto Show, held at the Jacob Javits Center in New York City. I've heard that upward of a million people attend this event. I was there on Media Day, which is the day before the show opens to the public, so I had pretty good access to all the cars. Here you'll see some of the highlights and other interesting things I came across. The wackiest of the photos, the last one, was taken outside the convention center.
Click on the photo to start the slideshow.
- Slideshow: Automakers Roll Out Dream Cars
- Slideshow: Volkswagen to Build World's Most Fuel-Efficient Car
- Slideshow: Diesels, Turbochargers Power Chicago Auto Show
- Slideshow: Chevy Cruze Diesel Is About the Torque
- Slideshow: Detroit Auto Show Highlights Innovation
- Slideshow: Cadillac ELR Trades Efficiency for Power
- Slideshow: Tesla's Model X Blends Electricity & Function
- Slideshow: BMW's All-Electric Concept Coupe
- Slideshow: GM Debuts Pure-Electric Spark
- Slideshow: Why Automakers Are Rolling Out Electric Cars
- Slideshow: Paris Auto Show Drives Electric
- Slideshow: Top 12 Most Fuel-Efficient EVs & Plug-In Hybrids
- Top Cars From 2012 New York International Auto Show