1. Purchase Requirement: No purchase necessary.
2. Eligibility: Only open to legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding Puerto Rico).
3. Applicability: Void where prohibited by law.
4. Time Period: The offer ends on July 27, 2012.
5. How to Enter: To participate you must register by clicking on the DesignNews.com registration link and accurately complete the Digi-Key Continuing Education Center registration form. Mailing address must be correct in order to receive a book.
6. Limitations on Entry: The system will only allow you to register once.
7. Limitations on Winners: Offer limited to anyone who registers for the Digi-Key Continuing Education Center online course between July 16 and July 27, 2012, and attends at least one course between July 23 and July 27, 2012. Fifty (50) winners will each receive a copy of Clive “Max” Maxfield’s book, Bebop to the Boolean Boogie, valued at $51.95. Winners will be determined during one (1) drawing from all eligible entries received between July 16 and July 27, 2012. The potential winners will be notified by mail, email and/or telephone approximately one week after the course has ended. The odds of winning are determined by the total number of eligible entries received.
8. The prizes are shipped via US postal service to the winners within 6-8 week of registering. No substitution for prize other than as offered. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and/or a liability release, and grant permission to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and promotion (without further compensation to the winner) within 21 days of notification, or an alternate winner will be selected. Prize is not transferable. Contest void where prohibited or restricted by law.
9. Obligations: UBM LLC, and its related companies, are not responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; miscommunication; failed phone or computer hardware, software, telephone transmissions, or technical failures; garbled or jumbled transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic; including without limitation the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information online, or for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, destroyed, delayed, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of UBM LLC.
10. Release of Liability: By participating, entrants release UBM LLC, its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising/promotional agencies, vendors, and the employees, officers, directors, and agents of any of the above organizations from any and all liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by participation in this promotion. By participating in this promotion you represent and warrant that you have the authority to provide the registration information, that it is accurate and complete, and that you understand and hereby authorize use of all or any part of such information for any purposes in connection with this promotion. For on-line entries, such use may include but is not limited to UBM LLC and third-party marketing research and referrals.
11. This promotion shall be governed by the laws of the United States.
For the names of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
Digi-Key Continuing Education Center Sweepstakes
303 2nd Street, Suite 900, South Tower
San Francisco, CA 94107