Engineers are sure to be inspired by the extensive exhibitions and educational sessions at IME West. Bringing together Design & Manufacturing (D&M) West, Medical Design & Manufacturing (MDM) West, Automation Technology (ATX) West, Plastec West, and WestPack, IME West offers technical sessions, 1500 exhibitors, networking and career-enhancing opportunities, and much more. The tradeshow will be held February 7-9 at the Anaheim Convention Center, with a few educational tracks beginning on February 6.
Two keynote speakers will share their visions for the future on Tuesday & Wednesday 9-10 am, 3rd Floor Ballroom in the following sessions:
- Medical Technology within the Metaverse – The Fundamental Shift (Tuesday)
Christopher Lafayette, Founder, Gatherverse
- Cleaning the Digital Fog: The First Step of Autonomous Transformation (Wednesday)
Brian Evergreen, Global Head of Autonomous AI Co-Innovation, Microsoft
Five stages throughout the expo will offer free-to-attend sessions:
For instance, located in D&M West, Design Alley focuses exclusively on design and manufacturing topics. Sessions include Polymer Material Selection for Thin-Walled Features in Micro Medical Device Design, Flexible Printed Platinum Circuits, Membrane Switches or Touchscreens … Why Not Both, Designing Successful Products – Start with understanding your user, and much more.
For a little engineering fun, be sure to participate in Battle of the Brick Bots: A Brick Building Competition. Hosted by master builder Bryan Firks, this competition will feature LEGO Technic and LEGO Powered Up motors. Join a team to design and build a robot for the Bot Battle competition. LEGO prizes will be given out for aesthetics, use of motion, and surviving the battle!
Other must-attend events include:
- Beginning on Monday, February 6, will be the new Medical Battery Workshop (Feb 6) and Conference (Feb 7-8) and Exhibitor Pavilion (Hall E); the IoPP Fundamentals of Medical Device Packaging Workshop (Feb 6-8 ); and SPE MiniTec (Feb 6–7)
- Themed Center Stage content by day – Product Innovation, Sustainability, Workforce Development
- Keynote Networking Breakfast February 7 & 8, 8 – 9 a.m. PST
- Booth Crawl February 7, 3:30 – 5 p.m. PST
- Welcome Reception Tuesday Feb. 7 5 pm in front of convention center; Beer Garden Wednesday, California Terrace, 3rd level
- Design.Engineer.Build.Conference, also featuring Advanced Manufacturing content from partner Industry 4.0 Club
- International MedTech Theater, a new theater for international pavilion exhibitor presentations, located in booth 3740 Hall B/C
- Thursday is Workforce Development Day with Diversity.Org program and sessions on Center Stage Thursday, Feb. 9. Diversity.Org will bring disadvantaged local high school students to the event and expose them to the opportunities available in the manufacturing and engineering industry. The day includes a panel presentation by IME West exhibitors and speakers, a show tour, and lunch for the students. The panel will feature Jennifer Benolken, MDM & regulatory specialist, packaging engineering, DuPont Tyvek Healthcare Packaging; Jason Bean, IIOT market specialist, Pepperl & Fuchs; Andrew Crowe, founder of the New American Manufacturing Renaissance and a Manufacturing Motivational Speaker; John Crombie, president, UpStart Product Development; Laura Armstrong, robotics application engineer, Archytas Automation; Courtney Fernandez, application engineer/co-founder, FastOne Solutions, Universal Robots; and Vinita Palaniveloo, PhD, senior software engineer, Miso Robotics.
- Sterilization Packaging Manufacturers Council/Informa Blood Drive will be held Wednesday 9-3pm, Hall E
- Pack Place Theater sponsored by Packaging Digest in WestPack Hall A – themed content by day – Health Care, CannPack, Food & Beverage. Two networking receptions for packaging professionals held at the close of day 1 and day 2 in networking area in Hall A. Day 2 will include a silent auction with proceeds helping the Southern California Veterans Coalition
- History of Cannabis Packaging display – Hall A, near the Pack Place Theater
- Live graffiti artist creating cannabis themed art to be auctioned. Wednesday February 6 during CannPack Conference.