In case you haven't heard, the contest got a little sweeter this year. The top three makers will be awarded a total of $10,000 -- $6K for the winner and $2K for each runner-up. Who doesn't like cold hard cash?
Here's what you need to know:
All Gadget Freak projects posted to DesignNews.com between Jan. 1, 2014, and Oct. 31, 2014, are eligible, so there is still plenty of time to get us your gadget. All projects MUST be received no later than Oct. 28.
So, if you think your gadget has the chops to take the top prize, be sure to submit your idea. If your project is posted on DesignNews.com, you will receive $500 for your work and an entry into the contest.
Those submitting a Gadget Freak project must send the following in order to be considered:
- A detailed description of the gadget
- Extensive, detailed build instructions
- At least two high-resolution photos of the gadget
- A high-resolution photo of you with the gadget
- One bill of materials for parts spec'd from Allied Electronics and another BOM for the other parts
- A short, clear, high-resolution video of the gadget in action
Please send your submissions and/or questions to Jennifer Campbell.