DesignCon is the place for semiconductor and electronic design engineers to share technical knowhow, make connections, and discuss industry advances. DesignCon 2021 will take place January 26-28 in Santa Clara, CA. The Call for Abstracts just opened, and between now and June 19 you have the opportunity to submit your proposal for technical papers, panel discussions, and other sessions to be presented at the conference.
With 14 tracks, we have information covering all aspects of hardware design, including high-speed serial design, signal & power integrity, interconnect modeling & analysis, and machine learning. Please look through the entire track list and carefully choose the most appropriate track for your submission.
Each abstract will be reviewed by industry experts in the DesignCon 2021 Technical Program Committee (TPC) and evaluated based on quality, relevance, impact, and originality. Submissions should be educational, informative, and avoid commercial content.
New to technical paper authorship? Our mentorship program is here to help you succeed. The TPC offers mentors for new and early-career lead authors. More information will be provided once your submission is accepted.
- Technical Paper Sessions require the authorship of a full technical paper up to 25 pages in length addressing design case studies and application overviews and are presented in 45-minute sessions.
- Technical Panels: 75-minute discussions featuring 3-5 panelists plus a moderator to drive the discussion.
- Tutorials: 3-hour sessions (papers up to 50 pages long are optional), allowing the speakers to cover core topics in greater depth.
- Boot Camps: full-day sessions that provide an in-depth introduction to core DesignCon concepts such as Signal Integrity, Power Integrity, PCB Fabrication, and Test & Measurement. Please note that there are a very limited number of Boot Camp slots.
- Chiphead Theater sessions provide less-technical, more interactive content such as teardowns, demos, and panels presented as 45-minute sessions on the expo floor and are open to all attendees.
Submissions to the DesignCon 2021 Call for Abstracts are made to one of the following 14 tracks, with the opportunity to specify a secondary track option. (See track descriptions and sample topics here)
01. Signal & Power Integrity for Single-Multi Die, Interposer & Packaging
02. Chip I/O & Power Modeling & Validation Solutions
03. Integrating Photonics & Wireless in Electrical Design
04. Advances in Materials & Processing for PCBs, Modules & Packages
05. Advanced I/O Interface Design for Memory & 2.5D/3D/SiP Integrations
06. System Co-Design: Modeling, Simulation & Measurement Validation
07. Optimizing High-Speed Link Design
08. Measurement, Simulation & Improving Jitter, Noise & BER
09. High-Speed Signal Processing, Equalization & Coding/FEC
10. Power Integrity in Power Distribution Networks
11. Electromagnetic Compatibility & Interference
12. Applying Test & Measurement Methodology
13. Modeling & Analysis of Interconnects
14. Machine Learning for Microelectronics, Signaling & System Design
At DesignCon, engineers talk to engineers to find practical solutions to the challenging problems they share. The conference has a strong focus on education and peer-to-peer sharing, creating a place to learn about state-of-the-art design methodologies and technologies, as well as catch up with peers and share some laughs. Individuals presenting papers at DesignCon will join an elite group offering leading-edge case studies, technology innovations, practical techniques, design tips, and application overviews.
The deadline to submit your proposal is June 19, 2020. See you for DesignCon 2021 at the end of January!