DesignCon is the place for semiconductor and electronic design engineers to share technical knowhow, make connections, and discuss industry advances. DesignCon 2020 will take place January 28-30, 2020, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in California. The Call for Abstracts just opened, and between now and July 19 you have the opportunity to submit your proposal for technical papers, panel discussions, and other sessions to be presented at the conference.
For the event’s 25th anniversary, members of the Technical Program Committee (TPC) have reviewed and reorganized the tracks to make sure that the conference continues to be highly relevant and tightly tied into attendee needs. Please look through the entire track list and carefully choose the most appropriate track for your submission.
Each abstract will be reviewed by industry experts in the DesignCon 2020 TPC and evaluated based on quality, relevance, impact, and originality. Submissions should be educational and informative, and avoid commercial content. Presentation opportunities include 45-minute technical sessions, which require submission of a technical paper; 75-minute panel discussions; and 3-hour tutorials. Abstract deadline is July 19.
You may also submit a proposal for a full-day Boot Camp and expo-floor sessions in the Chiphead Theater. Boot Camps provide an in-depth introduction to core DesignCon concepts such as Signal Integrity, Power Integrity, PCB Fabrication, and Test & Measurement. Chiphead Theater sessions provide less-technical content such as teardowns, demos, and panels presented as 45-minute sessions open to all event attendees.
Submissions to the DesignCon 2020 Call for Abstracts are made to one of the following 14 tracks, with the opportunity to specify a secondary track option. (See track descriptions and sample topics here)
01. Signal & Power Integrity for Single-Multi Die, Interposer & Packaging
02. Chip I/O & Power Modeling & Validation Solutions
03. Integrating Photonics & Wireless in Electrical Design
04. Advances in Materials & Processing for PCBs, Modules & Packages (formerly track 5)
05. Advanced I/O Interface Design for Memory & 2.5D/3D/SiP Integrations (formerly track 7)
06. System Co-Design: Modeling, Simulation & Measurement Validation (formerly track 4)
07. Optimizing High-Speed Serial Design (formerly track 8)
08. Measurement, Simulation & Improving Jitter, Noise & BER (Pre & Post FEC) (formerly track 9)
09. High-Speed Signal Processing, Equalization & Coding (formerly track 10)
10. Power Integrity in Power Distribution Networks (formerly track 11)
11. Electromagnetic Compatibility/Mitigating Interference (formerly track 12)
12. Applying Test & Measurement Methodology (formerly track 13)
13. Modeling & Analysis of Interconnects (formerly track 14)
14. Machine Learning for Microelectronics, Signaling & System Design (formerly track 15)
At DesignCon, engineers talk to engineers to find practical solutions to the challenging problems they share. The conference has a strong focus on education and peer-to-peer sharing, creating a place to learn about state-of-the-art design methodologies and technologies, as well as catch up with peers and share some laughs. Individuals presenting papers at DesignCon will join an elite group offering leading-edge case studies, technology innovations, practical techniques, design tips, and application overviews.
The deadline to submit your proposal is July 19, 2019. See you for DesignCon 2020 at the end of January!
|By Engineers, For Engineers. Join our in-depth conference program with over 100 technical paper sessions, panels, and tutorials spanning 14 tracks. DesignCon. Jan. 28-30, 2020, in Santa Clara, CA. Learn more about the event, hosted by Design News’ parent company Informa Markets.|