DesignCon is the place for practicing engineers to share technical knowhow, make connections, and discuss industry advances. DesignCon 2019 will take place January 29-31, 2019, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in California. The Call for Abstracts just opened, and between now and July 12 you have the opportunity to submit your proposal for technical papers, panel discussions, and other sessions to be presented at the conference.
Each abstract will be reviewed by industry experts in the DesignCon 2019 Technical Program Committee (TPC) and evaluated based on quality, relevance, impact, and originality. Submissions should be educational and informative, and avoid commercial content. Presentation opportunities include 45-minute technical sessions, which require submission of a technical paper; 75-minute panel discussions; and 3-hour tutorials. Abstract deadline is July 12, and you can submit through the electronic portal.
You may also submit a proposal for a full-day Boot Camp and Expo floor Chiphead Theater sessions. Boot Camps provide an in-depth introduction to core DesignCon concepts such as Signal Integrity, Power Integrity, PCB Fabrication, and Test & Measurement. Please note that, due to the full-day format, there are a very limited number of Boot Camp slots. Chiphead Theater sessions provide less-technical content such as teardowns, demos, and panels presented as 45-minute sessions open to all event attendees.
We are pleased on announce that we have added a new Track 15 covering Machine Learning for Microelectronics, Signaling & System Design. Over the past few years, attendees have shown increasing interest in machine-learning content presented at DesignCon, and 2019 is the ideal time to add this highly-relevant topic to our conference agenda. Please review the track description and sample topics on the DesignCon website.
Submissions to the DesignCon 2019 Call for Abstracts are made to one of the following fifteen tracks, with the opportunity to specify a secondary track option. (See track descriptions and sample topics)
- Signal & Power Integrity for Single-Multi Die, Interposer & Packaging
- Chip I/O & Functional Block Modeling & Validation Solutions
- Integrating Photonics & Wireless in Electrical Design
- System Co-Design: Modeling, Simulation & Measurement Validation
- Advances in Materials & Processing for PCBs, Modules & Packages
- Applying Chip-to-Chip and Advanced PCB Design & Simulation Techniques
- Advanced I/O Interface Design for Memory & 2.5D/3D/SiP Integrations
- Optimizing High-Speed Serial Design
- Measurement, Simulation & Optimization of Jitter, Noise & Timing to Minimize Errors
- High-Speed Signal Processing, Equalization & Coding
- Power Integrity in Power Distribution Networks
- Electromagnetic Compatibility/Mitigating Interference
- Applying Test & Measurement Methodology
- Modeling & Analysis of Interconnects
- Machine Learning for Microelectronics, Signaling & System Design
At DesignCon, engineers talk to engineers to find practical solutions to the challenging problems they share. The conference has a strong focus on education and peer-to-peer sharing, creating a place to learn about state-of-the-art design methodologies and technologies, as well as catch up with peers and share some laughs. Individuals presenting papers at DesignCon will join an elite group offering leading-edge case studies, technology innovations, practical techniques, design tips, and application overviews.
The deadline to submit your proposal is July 12, 2018. See you for DesignCon 2019 at the end of January!