DesignCon is the place for practicing engineers to share technical knowhow, make connections, and discuss industry advances. DesignCon 2018 will take place January 30-February 1, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in California. The Call for Abstracts just opened, and between now and July 12 you have the opportunity to submit your proposal for technical papers, panel discussions, and other sessions to be presented at the conference.
Each abstract will be reviewed by industry experts in the DesignCon 2018 Technical Program Committee (TPC) and evaluated based on quality, relevance, impact, and originality. Submissions should be educational and informative, and avoid commercial content. Presentation opportunities include 45-minute conference paper technical sessions, 75-minute panel discussions, and 3-hour tutorials.
You may also submit a proposal for a full-day Boot Camp. Boot Camps provide an in-depth introduction to core DesignCon concepts such as Signal Integrity, Power Integrity, PCB Fabrication, and Test & Measurement. Please note that, due to the full-day format, there are a very limited number of Boot Camp slots.
Abstract deadline is July 12. All submissions are through our electronic portal.
Submissions to the DesignCon 2018 Call for Abstracts are made to one of the following fourteen tracks, with the opportunity to specify a secondary track option. (See track descriptions and sample topics here)
- Single-Multi Die, Interposer and Packaging Signal & Power Integrity
- Mixed Signal Modeling Algorithmic and Simulation Solutions
- Integrating Photonic and Electronic Signaling
- System Co-Design: Modeling, simulation and measurement validation
- Advances in Materials and Processing for PCBs, Modules, and Packages
- Analog and Mixed-Signal Modeling and Simulation Solutions Applying PCB Design and Simulation Tools
- Advanced IO Interface Design for Memory and 2.5D/3D/SiP Integrations
- Optimizing High-Speed Serial Design
- Measurement, Simulation, and Optimization of Jitter, Noise, and Timing to Minimize Errors
- High-Speed Signal Processing, Equalization, and Coding
- Power Integrity in Power Distribution Networks
- Electromagnetic Compatibility/Mitigating Interference
- Apply Test and Measurement Methodology
- Modeling and Analysis of Interconnects
For 2018, we have added the option of gearing a session toward an introductory audience interested in learning a new skill, as well as our usual all and advanced levels. Please note that advanced abstracts should specify necessary prerequisits.
Another addition to this year’s submission is the requirement of Purpose statements (REQUIRED) – please provide (1) problem statement, (2) what’s new statement, and (3) deliverables statement to assist the reviewers in understanding the practical application of the information to be presented in your paper
At DesignCon, engineers talk to engineers to find practical solutions to the challenging problems they share. The conference has a strong focus on education and peer-to-peer sharing, creating a place to learn about state-of-the-art design methodologies and technologies, as well as catch up with peers and share some laughs. Individuals presenting papers at DesignCon will join an elite group offering leading-edge case studies, technology innovations, practical techniques, design tips, and application overviews.
The deadline to submit your proposal is July 12, 2017. See you at DesignCon 2018 at the end of January!