Design News’ parent company, UBM, in partnership with EDN and EETimes, has announced the finalists for the 2016 Annual Creativity in Electronics (ACE) Awards.
The awards showcase the best in today’s electronics industry, including the hottest new products, start-up companies, design teams, executives, and more. This year’s winners will be announced during an awards ceremony held Wednesday, Dec. 7, alongside the Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) Silicon Valley in San Jose, Calif.
"Year after year the ACE Awards pay tribute to new talent and innovation, as well as those who have offered their skills and expertise for the growth and development of the industry " said Nina Brown, VP Events, UBM Americas. "This year’s finalists are true leaders -- the combination of their hard work and dedication are undoubtedly advancing the electronics space, and we’re thrilled to welcome them as finalists for these prestigious awards."
Click HERE to learn more about the ACE Awards and to purchase tickets for the awards ceremony.
This year’s finalists by category are:
Company of the Year
- Advanced Micro Devices
- ON Semiconductor
Executive of the Year
- Cees Links – Qorvo
- Steve Sanghi – Microchip Technology Inc.
- Ward Williams – ProLabs
Design Team of the Year
- CDNN2 Design Team – CEVA Inc.
- MAX9286 Automotive Design Team – Maxim Integrated
- Palladium Z1 Enterprise Emulation Platform Design Team – Cadence Design Systems Inc.
Innovator of the Year
- David Hall – Velodyne LiDAR
- Bobby Littrell – Vesper
- Desmond Wong – TransSiP Inc.
Marketing Team of the Year
- Big Ass Marketing Team – Big Ass Solutions
- Peregrine Semiconductor/ The Townsend Team – Peregrine Semiconductor
- Rambus Team – Rambus
Internet of Things Product of the Year
- Battery Powered Mobile IoT Nursing Workstation – Onyx Healthcare USA Inc.
- Cassia Hub Bluetooth Router – Cassia Networks
- Valor IoT Manufacturing Solution – Mentor Graphics Corp.
Start-Up of the Year
- Barefoot Networks Inc.
- Gowin Semiconductor Corp.
- SiFive Inc.
- AD9371 – Analog Devices Inc.
- MAX9286 Quad GMSL Deserializer – Maxim Integrated
- Super-TCXO – SiTime
- Jetson TX1 Developer Kit – NVIDIA
- Microchip LoRa Technology Evaluation Kit – Microchip Technology Inc.
- TI DLP NIRscan Nano Evaluation Module (EVM) – Texas Instruments
LEDs and Lighting
- Arctic Sand ARC1C0608 IC – Arctic Sand Technologies
- Fairchild FL77944 Direct AC Drive (DACD) – Fairchild Semiconductor
- ICL8105 – Infineon Technologies
Logic / Interface / Memory
- IRMCK099 Motion Control IC – Infineon Technologies
- Marvell Alaska 88E2010/40 Ethernet Transceivers – Marvell Technology Group
- Samsung PM1633a Solid State Drive – Samsung Semiconductor Inc.
Passives, Interconnects, and Electromechanical
- Precise 800 – Orbotech
- Series 84 Halo Compact – EAO Corp.
- T58 vPolyTan Solid Tantalum Surface Mount Chip Capacitors – Vishay Intertechnology
- 48V Direct to POL Datacenter – Vicor
- K2 3-volt (3V), 3,000-Farad Ultracapacitor Cell – Maxwell Technologies
- Solution LT3042 – Linear Technology
Processors (FPGAs, MCUs, Microprocessors)
- EFLX Embedded FPGA IP Cores – Flex Logix Technologies Inc.
- Sitara AM57x Processors – Texas Instruments
- Stratix 10 MX SiP – Intel Corp.
- CYALKIT-E02 Solar-Powered BLE Sensor Beacon Reference Design Kit – Cypress Semiconductor Corp.
- MAXREFDES82# Smart Force Sensor Reference Design – Maxim Integrated
- UDX10 for 4K60 Up/Down/Cross Conversion – Intel Corp.
- PGA411-Q1 Resolver Sensor Interface - Texas Instruments
- ULTRA Puck VLP-32A - Velodyne LiDAR
- VM1000 – Vesper
- Altium Designer 16 – Altium
- Ultrahaptics Software Development Kit Version 2 - Ultrahaptics North America Inc.
- Xilinx SDSoC Development Environment – Xilinx
Test and Measurement Systems and Boards
- Keithley DMM7510 – Tektronix
- Mentor Graphics MicReD Power Tester 600A - Mentor Graphics Corp.
- PicoScope 2000B Series Ultra Compact Oscilloscopes - Pico Technology
Wireless / RF
- Ezairo 7150 SL – ON Semiconductor
- SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz CC1310 wireless MCU– Texas Instruments
- WiPry 5x – Oscium
Follow the ACE Awards on Twitter at #ACEawards
Follow @ESC_Conf on Twitter for the latest on the Embedded Systems Conference