Glassdoor rating: 4.0 out of 5
Software Engineer: $112,841/yr
Software Engineer IV: $132,640/yr
Software Engineer III: $112,796/yr
Headquarters: San Jose, CA
Size: 10000+ employees
Type: Company - Private
Industry: Computer Hardware & Software
Revenue: $10+ billion (USD) per year
-Extremely supportive coworkers (the most helpful people I know)
-The benefits are amazing - not just 401K/PTO/Health Insurance, but Cisco has so many continued learning events and resources, 5 days VTO (volunteer time off) to give back, employee resource organizations to get involved with, on site gym (with awesome classes) and healthcare facilities, plus a lot of on-site events to promote cross-collaboration with other groups.
- The pay is amazing.
- Very communicative and transparent with all changes/considerations. We have monthly All-Hands via Cisco TV where our CEO and much of the C-Suite are updating us on the latest happenings in the company.
- Very supportive leadership in ensuring you are set up for success and continually helping you to identify and plan for future roles you may want to take on.Show Less
- The commute/traffic to RTP.
- Like many large companies, there are a lot of old tools, processes, and systems that you have to use to do your job. They are working hard to consolidate them though!
- Again, with many other large companies, layoffs can happen (but Cisco did put on an internal career fair the last time for those being displaced to try and refill open positions based on skillsets of those that were impacted.)