Nypro, a Jabil Company, recently opened a new manufacturing plant in Devens, Mass., just miles from the company's Clinton, Mass. headquarters.
The new 200,000-sq-ft facility includes a state-of-the-art training area, metrology lab, a fully digitized machine shop, environmentally controlled chambers, and a 60,000-sq-ft Class 8 clean room. It also offers expanded product development, mold design and build, and injection molding and automated assembly -- for single-use and electro-mechanical Class I, II, and III healthcare devices.
The best part? The new facility brings with it 50 new jobs over the next year, with the goal of adding 50 more within the next two years. It's nice to see that kind of revitalization in my own backyard.
"The opening of the new Devens facility emphasizes Nypro's commitment to its customers and community," said John Witkowski, general manager of Nypro Healthcare, Clinton, in a press release sent to Design News. "By delivering high-end, new product development technologies we help our customers produce advanced new devices. This expansion demonstrates Nypro Healthcare's continued drive for growth and enhanced capabilities."
Nypro now has 25 facilities in 11 countries, employing more than 8,000 people ... and counting. Let's hope this trend continues.
- 6 Reasons to Go For the Golden Mousetrap
- Is Your Star Rising?
- Nypro Healthcare Improves Rapid 3D Prototyping for Medical Device Makers
- Programs & Technology Boost Manufacturing's Return
- Manufacturing Is Coming Back. Well, Mostly
- My Opinion on Manufacturing Coming Home
- Manufacturing Jobs Keep Coming Back
- Reshoring's a Reality - Manufacturing's Coming Back