Foxboro PAC hardware combines high I/O density
with cost-effective redundancy options. The control unit and I/O system form
the basis of a complete distributed control and recording environment capable
of continuous analog, logic and sequential control. It is also has secure data
recording at point of measurement.
The Foxboro PAC System is useful for delivering control, alarm management, historian, web reporting and batch functionality for applications in the food & beverage, glass, metals, minerals, mining, life sciences, plastics, water and wastewater and other industries. ArchestrA integration is effected in three areas: in the IDE, for control system configuration; with device integration for runtime control system data communications; and with the Wonderware Application Server for runtime logic and visualization.
Key capabilities of the PAC reported by Invensys include:
- Up to 3,000 I/O
- Integration with the InFusion ECS
- Hot swap any I/O card or single processor
- Redundancy across processor, communications, power and I/O
- Performance (CPU speed) and I/O density improvements from previous offering
- Store/Forward integration with Historian