A mix of utilities and CAD and automation tools characterizes our first roundup of engineering applications for the iPad.
In searching Apple's App Store, it's obvious that there's a lot of low-hanging technical fruit. Most notable is the plethora of engineering unit conversion programs. We've included a few we found of particular interest to mechanical and industrial engineers. There are also many apps of value only to captive users of a particular vendor's products; we've included some with widespread user bases.
Click the image below to view our slideshow of useful engineering apps:
Clearly, our starter list isn't comprehensive. Still, we believe it's a good beginning. We're also interested in your favorites for a followup gallery. Please send your picks to me at [email protected].
For further reading:
- Slideshow: Messiest Engineering Desks
- Slideshow: 2012 Consumer Electronics Show(CES) Preview
- Slideshow: Humanoid Robots Get Real
- Slideshow: Automotive's Electric Vehicle Evolution
- Slideshow: Apple iPad 2 Teardown
- Slideshow: Garmin GPS Teardown
- Slideshow: Apple iPhone 4S Teardown
- The Samsung Galaxy teardown from DesignCon is posted here.
- The HP TouchPad Tablet teardown is posted here.