OK, so you've enrolled in the Digi-Key Continuing Education Center, hosted on Design News. How do you earn the credits you need to graduate?
As an enrolled student, you will automatically earn points for the number of courses that you attend. The number of points you collect dictates both when you graduate, and also what grade you receive. You can keep track of your progress towards graduation by clicking on your site profile.
So how does the points system work?
Good question. To graduate from each DKCEC session, you must complete a minimum of two of the eight tracks. Students must score 25 points to complete each track. A total of ten points can be scored for each of the five lectures in a track. Five points are awarded for attending a lecture and another five points can be scored by participating in the discussion.
Of course, the more tracks that you complete, the better your graduation grade.
- Complete either 2 or 3 of the 8 tracks and you will graduate with a C grade.
- Complete 4 out of the 8 tracks to graduate with a B.
- Complete 5 out of the 8 tracks – score an A.
What do I get out of this?
Graduation triggers all manner of good things for our students.
Another benefit of completing our online program? You won't have to rent a mortar board and gown to attend your graduation. Not a bad thing, in these recessionary times.
- All graduates receive a certificate signed by the Dean of the DK Continuing Education Center.
- All graduates will have their grades published in their Design News profiles and are recognized in our Roll of Honor on the Design News site, as well as on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Welcome to the Digi-Key Continuing Education Center, and please click here to begin your executive learning experience!