Buehler's AbrasiMatic 300 abrasive cutter now features the optional X-Bed for
increased convenience when sectioning in the x-axis direction. The accompanying
digital display tracks x-axis travel, improving precision, consistency and
repeatability in serial (parallel) sectioning applications. The AbrasiMatic 300
is a bench-top cutter featuring a 12-inch abrasive cut-off wheel that can
section up to a 4.375 inch (110 mm) diameter sample. A 5 Hp (3.7 kW) motor powers
through large and hardened materials, including steel, highly alloyed metals,
coated metals, ceramics, concrete and minerals. The new X-Bed adjusts using a
handle wheel on the front of the machine; operators can quickly
position/reposition samples without unclamping them from the table or vice.
After making the first cut, operators can then set the digital display to zero.
Any subsequent x-axis table movement is then displayed 0.1-inch increments. The
AbrasiMatic 300 offers four sectioning options: X-axis serial sectioning; manual
"chop" style cutting in the z-axis using the manual cutting lever; manual
longitudinal y-axis cutting using the y-axis handle wheel and automated
longitudinal y-axis cutting using the y-axis motor feed and touch-screen controls.
Buehler's Smartcut system automatically reduces the feed rate to produce
burn-free cuts. A pulse cutting mode reduces deformation on difficult-to-cut
- Measures 34 x 23 x 27 inch (849 x 585 x 678 mm)
- Cutting area is separated from the electrical area for total isolation
- Two stainless steel T-slot vice table beds accept any standard vices
- Two flexible gooseneck halogen lights can be positioned to illuminate any spot in the cutting area
- Side hood door slides open as the hood is raised to allow sample placement
- Side port accommodates long sample sizes
- Basket catches parts after sectioning
- Wash-down hose with shut-off valve enables quick cleaning of the cutting area and vices
to watch a product video.