Newton, MA--Glenn Kalte, a designer with Wyle Laboratories Inc., is the winner of a $700 CompUSA merchandise certificate. His name was selected in a random drawing of completed Design News OEM Directory surveys.
Design News conducted the survey to further understand the directory users' needs. The directory lists 5,700 suppliers of components, systems, materials, and engineering tools, and includes 2,600 categories covering 50,000 products.
Information in the directory is also available on the Manufacturing Marketplace Web site (http:www.manufacturing.net) and the Manufacturing Marketplace CD-ROM. Look for the directory's 1999 edition this October.
To receive your own copy of the Design News 1998 OEM Directory, phone (303) 470-4445.
DESIGN NEWS OEM DIRECTORY SURVEY DREW THE FOLLOWING RESULTS:
- 98% of users rate the OEM Directory "helpful" in their design work
- 88% use it to find new suppliers
- 87% use it one to four times per month
- 82% like the boldface supplier listings with telephone numbers
- 78% find the Library of Product Information useful
- 74% find the Product Mart section useful
Engineers use the Design News OEM Directory to solve design problems and find new suppliers and products.