Claigan, a firm that helps companies with environmental compliance, will hold a 1.5 hour webinar entitled, RoHS and REACH SVHC Component Engineering, on November 9, 2010 at 10 am EST.
The webinar will cover a “practical approach to compliance and material declaration,” according to Claigan. Presenters will look at component and regulatory engineering processes for achieving and maintaining RoHS and REACH SVHC compliance.
This webinar is structured for engineering and regulatory compliance staff members who deal with RoHS and REACH SVHC compliance on a daily or part-time basis. The majority of the webinar focuses on approaches for imperfect situations and methods for achieving product compliance, and creating effective and accurate material declarations.
Topics covered in this webinar include:
- RoHS and REACH component engineering strategies
- Processes for electronic and mechanical components
- Pros and cons of different data sets
- RoHS vs. JIG / IPC 1752 vs. full material declaration
- Methods for handling cables and fasteners
- Managing the compliance of custom components
- Product-level material declaration roll ups
- REACH SVHC Declarations: products vs. components
- Interpreting, verifying, and managing supplier declarations
- Solutions for components from non-responsive suppliers
- Solutions for distributor-supplied products
- Compliance approaches for ‘imperfect’ Bill of Materials
- Proper use of software and other enabling tools
- Forward-looking processes for simplifying the maintenance of compliance
Click here to register, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org