According to a release from Dow Chemical, the company’s new product, Tinposit LF Immersion Tin, will produce uniform tin deposits on properly prepared PWB substrates and is specifically formulated for use in lead-free assembly processes.
The release says the product eliminates galvanic corrosion, preventing yield loss from circuit breaks. Deposits maintain solderability after multiple lead-free PCB assembly reflow cycles.
The following statement was part of Dow’s release:
TinpositTM LF Immersion Tin
The latest in immersion tin technology providing high reliability and solderability for interconnect applications
- Maintains excellent solderability after multiple lead-free PCB assembly reflow cycles, improving manufacturing process capability and yield;
- Outstanding solder joint reliability, resulting from excellent bonding force between PCB pad and reflowed solder paste;
- No tin whisker formation, increasing product reliability and avoiding short-circuits between closely spaced circuit features;
- Effectively eliminates galvanic corrosion preventing yield loss from circuit breaks;
- Significantly reduced attack on solder mask
Tinposit(TM) LF Immersion Tin produces uniform and solderable tin deposits on properly prepared PWB substrates and is specifically formulated to be used in lead-free
assembly processes. The deposits can maintain good solderability after multiple reflow processes. The Tinposit(TM) LF Immersion Tin bath is easy to control and has a high
tolerance for contaminants.