The International Electronic Manufacturing Initiative (iNEMI) will gather leaders from industry and academia on September 22-23 to identify and prioritize areas where the electronics industry and academia can collaborative on proactive environmental programs. The Sustainability Summit will be held at Motorola’s Galvin Center in Schaumburg, Ill.
The summit will feature speakers from industry, associations and university research programs. It will include several open discussions and brainstorming sessions. Topics include:
- Leading change in industry
- Proactive programs to develop alternative performance
- Organizations, methodologies and tools to improve environmental performance
- Reuse, recycling and dematerialization
- Using information technology as an alternative to less sustainable alternatives
- Metrics and next steps toward a sustainable infrastructure.
During the same week, Cannon Communications will hold the conference, Green Manufacturing: Business Strategies for Sustainability at the Donald E. Stevens Convention Center in Rosemont, Ill., September 22-25.