On Thursday, January 18, the Design Chain Associates of San Francisco will present a live one-hour webinars entitled, “China RoHS: Be Compliant by the March 1 Deadline.” The cost of the webinars is $119, and attendees will receive unlimited viewing of the webinar as well as a downloadable PDF of the presentation.
The webinar speaker will be Michael Kirschner, president of Design Chain Associates, a consulting company that specializes in helping companies reach and maintain environmental compliance. Kirschner is a recognized expert in the analysis of the impact of environmental regulation on electronic products.
The webinar will cover the following aspects of China RoHS:
- Similarities to and differences from EU RoHS
- The scope of the regulation and its problems
- Phase One: marking/disclosure
- The two logo options: how to select
- Disclosure: how to disclose
- What is the environment-friendly use period?
- Package marking
- The revised meaning of March 1, 2007
- The steps to compliance
- What’s coming next?
The webinar is targeted to PCB industry professionals involved in ensuring compliance at the contract manufacturing or OEM level, including corporate management and engineering management.