Synapsis Technology Inc. has upgraded its EMARS software to support European Union’s REACH regulation deadlines for manufacturers. The EMARS REACH solution lets users:
· Generate an accurate REACH reports for any product
· Identify REACH risk factors in existing products
· Perform worst-case analysis on a product
· Track and manage supplier performance
· Automate REACH data collection
· Keep up-to-date REACH regulation changes.
Synapsis has been working in PLM for some time, but the company has recently developed a comprehensive tool to help companies manage REACH data and mitigate the risks related to REACH. “There’s been a lot of focus on how REACH will impact chemical suppliers, but REACH will also impact manufacturers of products and equipment,” says Lonnie Gillihan, president of Synapsis. “All products contain chemical substances and require chemicals to manufacture. REACH will regulate more than 30,000 widely used chemicals and may restrict the use of up to 3,000 hazardous substances – so products are at risk.