MOTION CONTROL: Servo2Go.com has just added PCB mount additions to its broad range of highly responsive and feature rich digital servo drives from Advanced Motion Controls. The ‘DZ’ drives are µ-sized servo drives designed to be completely compact, DZ’s take up little space, eliminate wiring hassle and still deliver unparalleled performance.
Providing 10-80 V dc operation while delivering 12A continuous/20A peak current, DZ Series can be configured to operate in torque, velocity, and position modes for brushed, voice coil, or brushless motors. Units deliver up to 1kW continuous power when needed and can achieve up to 98 percent efficiency. Supporting CANopen and RS-232/485 up to ~1 Mbaud, drives accept variety of input commands including PVT, ±10V analog, Encoder Following, Step and Direction, and PWM and Direction.
Highlighting just a few of the features of these very capable servo drives:
- All DZ’s can be configured to operate in torque, velocity (encoder or Hall) and position modes for brushed, voice coil or brushless motors.
- DZ’s have extremely high current loop bandwidth for quick response times as needed or when used in critical or demanding applications.
- DZ networks include CANopen or RS-232/485 (up to ~1 Mbaud!). Input commands can come over the network, such as PVT (position/velocity/time) or through direct inputs for: ±10V analog, Encoder Following, Step & Direction, PWM & Direction.
- DZ’s common PCB pin out platform allows OEM’s to design to any power capacity
- With multiple product choices, implementing DZ’s increased product functionality to meet many application needs will result in a dramatic reduction of system complexity. Yet, DZ’s are also cost-effective by themselves to further minimize overall system costs.
-Edited by Kelsey Anderson