SENSORS: Banner Engineering Corp.’s iVu Bar Code Reader (BCR) reads 11 industry-standard bar codes to facilitate advanced traceability — a critical strategy for ensuring highest product quality in packaging, material handling, pharmaceutical and many industrial applications.
Sharing the same integrated touch screen design as the first iVu series model — the iVu TG Image Sensor — the iVu BCR allows users to efficiently configure, monitor and modify an inspection on-site. The iVu BCR deciphers bar codes of varying types to verify correct content at production speeds of hundreds of parts per minute — all within a single compact, rugged package.
Several features of the iVu BCR make it particularly useful in a variety of challenging applications:
- 2.7 inch (68.5 mm) touch screen display empowers users to configure, deploy and monitor inspections on the factory floor — without a PC.
- Intuitive interface allows new users to have the sensor up and running in minutes, without training.
- Software emulator lets users perfect their application and preload parameters offline.
- Compact, rugged IP67-rated housing is available with an optional integrated ring light-offered in red, white or infrared.
- Exposure times as fast as 0.1 ms to ensure reliable performance on high-speed assembly lines.
- Three trigger modes are available to suit varying application parameters: External (Single), Continuous and External (Gated).
-Edited by Kelsey Anderson