MOTION CONTROL: Misumi USA Inc. will highlight a live booth demonstration of its new Single Axis Robot RS Series Actuators at Booth #4411 at ATX West in Anaheim, CA Feb. 9-11.Introduced in late 2009, Misumi’s Single Axis Robot RS Series Actuators are designed for use in a broad range of automated machinery and devices requiring extremely precise motion control. The robotic actuators can be used to perform part assembly, pick-and-place, stacking, inserting, inspection, alignment and testing, and other functions.
The actuators, which are available in six small sizes (RS) and six large sizes (RSH), as well as in Clean Room Class 10 versions, are CE compliant. The small units are driven by stepper motors, the large units by AC servo motors.
Features and benefits of the RS Series include:
- A rugged construction to extend product life span, even in harsh environments. (Rated life span is 10,000 km and above.)
- A configurable stroke of 50 to 1050 mm with constant load capacity regardless of speed.
- Clean Room Class 10 versions (RS C and RSH C), which feature a sealed design and high durability stainless steel cover.
- Rapid delivery time. In North America, units ship within eight days of order.
- A favorable price/performance ratio over competitive products in the market.
In addition, Misumi offers an array of accessory options for the Single Axis Robot RS Series Actuators. These include: Power and signal cables, I/O cabling, control terminal, noise filter, support software and dedicated USB cable (to connect controller to the PC), and replacement data backup batteries for larger, RSH- type controllers. Functions such as cycle time simulator and monitoring module are unique to Misumi support software.
- Edited by Liz Taurasi