ELECTRONICS: Mouser Electronics Inc. recently announced the introduction of a new virtual catalog. This advanced catalog will eclipse all other electronic component e-catalogs in features, capabilities, timeliness and speed.
For the first time, customers can browse, search, and buy products without ever leaving the e-catalog. Mouser’s e-catalog customers can see product availability, extended prices, detailed specifications, and alternative images - all while in the e-catalog application. The new catalog is available from the top right corner of the Mouser homepage and can also be accessed at www.mouser.com/enhanced_catalog.
One of the core design elements of Mouser’s e-catalog is the ability to swap easily between the e-catalog and the traditional Web site. Other features include:
- View product availability and specifications without leaving the e-catalog
- Order products directly from the e-catalog
- Search catalog by keyword or part number
- Browse product taxonomy in 11 languages
- Browse suppliers by name
- Page view history recalls last 20 catalog pages viewed
- Customer assigned bookmarks for up to 100 pages
The website development team at Mouser spent months perfecting this integrated tool, to help customers easily navigate Mouser’s massive product catalog. Mouser’s e-catalog is the first to employ Microsoft Silverlight to fully integrate a paper catalog experience with rich internet content.
- Edited by Liz Taurasi