SOFTWARE/HARDWARE: TIW Technology recently announced the release of ALERE® Manufacturing v9.3. Among the many new features integrated into ALERE Manufacturing v9.3, is the new Multiple Material Transactions screen located on the Transaction tab of the Work Order screen. This new function refines the process of issuing material on work orders into a single, intuitive operation. All material allocated to an operation step is displayed on a new screen from which the user can select one of the following operations.
• issue the entire list of material
• issue only the material that has sufficient quantity in inventory
• select only those items and quantities designated for issue
A few of the many other new enhancements native to ALERE Manufacturing v9.3 include:
• PDF Reports - It is now easier than ever to share and/or email any ALERE report. Simply click the PDF button on the report option screens to convert an ALERE report to a PDF file.
• Material Assignments - This new option on the BOM TreevisionTM screen makes it a snap to assign material directly from the BOM to a route step.
• Mass Key Changes - Expedite mass key changes with this new function that enables the accumulation of large numbers of key changes on an Excel spreadsheet for importation and processing all at one time.
ALERE Manufacturing v9.3 also embodies refinements to the BOM screen and offers extended Planning options as well as enhancements to several reports. Even the display of the pop-up calendar has been expanded from six to eight weeks for added convenience.
The new installer built into ALERE Manufacturing v9.3 ensures compatibility with 64-bit operating systems.
ALERE Manufacturing comprises eight modules: Manager, Order, Route, Machine, Schedule, BOM, Plan and Cost. These modules are available individually or in any combination in either a five-user license LAN version at $1995 per module or a Small Business (SB) two-user license LAN version at $995 per module. There is also a Client Server compatible version with a five-user license available at $2995 per module.
- Edited by Liz Taurasi