MATERIALS: DIRAK’s two new Electro-Mechanical 2-102 and 2-126 (RS 105) Swinghandles are designed for applications where security is a concern, specifically in cabinets that are exposed and accessible to the general public and for outdoor applications where cabinets are exposed to weather elements. The 2-102 EL Swinghandle RS 105 is available with a single lock cylinder and the 2-126 EL Swinghandle RS 105 offers dual cylinders for added security.To open the swinghandle, a power supply must be available or the profile cylinder must be mechanically activated. The power supply is provided with the authorization of an existing management system. An LED indicates when the handle is ready to be opened. The handle can be opened within 20 sec and the locked/unlocked status appears in the LED.
Mechanical security is achieved by the following design criteria:
• A tight gap between the handle and the dish prevents the insertion of any tools to pry the swinghandle open.
• A reinforced edge surrounding the swinghandle adds protection against any attempts to pry the handle open.
• An additional latch bolt protects the handle from being tampered with and forcibly opened.
• The cylinder dust cover is protected by a reinforcing rib.
• The profile cylinders measuring 40 and 45 mm can be used as locks.
The swinghandles comply with the European DIN V ENV 1630 Class II standard security test. This standard describes the resistance level of doors and windows against burglar attempts using tools of class WK2 (example: screwdrivers, pliers and wedges).
Both swinghandles also provide protection from dust and water penetration in accordance with IP 65 and EN 60529 standards.
- Edited by Liz Taurasi