MOTION CONTROL:Yaskawa recently announced the release of the new Sigma Trac SGT series of linear motor actuators. Sigma Trac integrates the company’s linear motor components into a factory engineered and assembled linear actuator. Yaskawa’s original Sigma Trac design (STF Series) was introduced in 2002. Since then, they have received a considerable amount of feedback from the field regarding this product family. Over the past two years, they worked to finalize this new Sigma Trac design to accommodate the requirements we have seen in the majority of applications. The result is a new Sigma Trac design (SGT Series) which has all the following features and benefits:
• Factory assembled, fully integrated linear motor driven slide design reduces machine design complexity and commissioning time.
• Automatic motor recognition by Yaskawa amplifiers eliminates the need for user to input motor coil parameters
• A wide variety of stroke lengths, extremely high top speed and acceleration capability, smooth motion and accurate positioning
• Large integrated cable carrier allows space for peripheral cables and hoses
• Covers and additional accessories available
• Manufacturing at our ISO-certified production facility in Buffalo Grove, IL ensures a high degree of quality and introduces the possibility of customer specified minor modifications to the product
• Quick Ship Program for popular actuator sizes and lengths
Some of our culture's most enduring robots appeared in the 80s. The Aliens series produced another evil android, and we saw light robot fare in the form of Short Circuit. Two of the great robots of all time also showed up: The Terminator and RoboCop.
Major global metropolitan areas are implementing a vast number of technology, energy, transportation, and Internet projects to make the metropolis a friendlier, greener, safer, and more sustainable place to be.
Focus on Fundamentals consists of 45-minute on-line classes that cover a host of technologies. You learn without leaving the comfort of your desk. All classes are taught by subject-matter experts and all are archived. So if you can't attend live, attend at your convenience.