MOTION CONTROL:Yaskawa recently announced the release of the new Sigma Trac SGT series of linear motor actuators. Sigma Trac integrates the company’s linear motor components into a factory engineered and assembled linear actuator. Yaskawa’s original Sigma Trac design (STF Series) was introduced in 2002. Since then, they have received a considerable amount of feedback from the field regarding this product family. Over the past two years, they worked to finalize this new Sigma Trac design to accommodate the requirements we have seen in the majority of applications. The result is a new Sigma Trac design (SGT Series) which has all the following features and benefits:
• Factory assembled, fully integrated linear motor driven slide design reduces machine design complexity and commissioning time.
• Automatic motor recognition by Yaskawa amplifiers eliminates the need for user to input motor coil parameters
• A wide variety of stroke lengths, extremely high top speed and acceleration capability, smooth motion and accurate positioning
• Large integrated cable carrier allows space for peripheral cables and hoses
• Covers and additional accessories available
• Manufacturing at our ISO-certified production facility in Buffalo Grove, IL ensures a high degree of quality and introduces the possibility of customer specified minor modifications to the product
• Quick Ship Program for popular actuator sizes and lengths
Festo's BionicKangaroo combines pneumatic and electrical drive technology, plus very precise controls and condition monitoring. Like a real kangaroo, the BionicKangaroo robot harvests the kinetic energy of each takeoff and immediately uses it to power the next jump.
Design News and Digi-Key presents: Creating & Testing Your First RTOS Application Using MQX, a crash course that will look at defining a project, selecting a target processor, blocking code, defining tasks, completing code, and debugging.
These are the toys that inspired budding engineers to try out sublime designs, create miniature structures, and experiment with bizarre contraptions using sets that could be torn down and reconstructed over and over.
PowerStream is deploying the microgrid at its headquarters to demonstrate how people can generate and distribute their own energy and make their homes and businesses more sustainable through renewables.
Focus on Fundamentals consists of 45-minute on-line classes that cover a host of technologies. You learn without leaving the comfort of your desk. All classes are taught by subject-matter experts and all are archived. So if you can't attend live, attend at your convenience.