AutoCAD users looking exchange ideas, confer with experts, even provide feedback to product developers should check out this new user portal from Autodesk. The AutoCAD Exchange community, which just launched, is being touted as an online community stocked with elearning tools, aggregated CAD information from Web resources, even input from fellow AutoCAD users around the globe.
The portal lets visitors create profiles to personalize their experience as well as encourages users to share tips, scripts, applications and stories about their projects and experiences with other AutoCAD users. Here’s the AutoCAD Exchange lineup as it stands now:
- A tips section, which lays out tips and tricks from technical experts working on AutoCAD products, along with video demonstrations. This section also provides input from industry experts, including a video series from Robert Green on best practices for managing and enforcing CAD standards.
- A collaborative area where users can upload their work and solicit instant feedback from their peers.
- CAD resources, including eLearning curriculum and Autodesk University courses along with a Google-based search capability designed to make it easy to find information from Autodesk and others on the Web.
- A daily blog feed providing the latest in CAD news along with the latest posts from bloggers like Shaan Hurley and Lynn Allen.
- On line help for AutoCAD 2010