Design News and Allied Electronics have raised the stakes for our second annual Gadget Freak of the Year contest. The top three gadgeteers will be awarded a total of $10,000. Our Gadget Freak of the Year winner will take home a cool $6,000. Two runners-up will be awarded $2,000 each.
All Gadget Freak projects posted to our site between Jan. 1, 2014, and Oct. 23, 2014, are eligible, so there is still plenty of time to get your gadget entered. If you think your gadget has what it takes to come out on top, be sure to submit your idea. If your gadget is posted on DesignNews.com, you will receive $500 for your work and an entry into the Gadget Freak of the Year contest.
Those submitting a Gadget Freak project must send the following:
- A detailed description of the gadget
- Extensive, detailed build instructions
- At least two high-resolution photos of the gadget
- A high-resolution photo of you with the gadget
- One bill of materials for parts speced from Allied Electronics and another BOM for the other parts
- A short, clear, high-resolution video of the gadget in action
Please send your submissions and/or questions to Lauren Muskett. Good luck.