Calling all backyard, basement, and garage tinkerers!
You all know by now that our annual Gadget Freak of the Year contest is underway, but that doesn't mean it's too early to start thinking about next year.
All projects submitted to Design News for Gadget Freak from now through October 2015 will be eligible for next year's contest. And, you will also receive an additional $500 from Allied Electronics. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
If you have something cool, our readers want to see it and they want to build it. Here's what you need to do:
- Provide a detailed description of the gadget
- Provide extensive, detailed build instructions
- Provide at least two high-resolution photos of the gadget, including a photo of yourself with the gadget
- Provide one bill of materials for parts spec'd from Allied Electronics and another BOM for the other parts
- Provide a short, clear, high-resolution video of the gadget in action
Please send your submissions and/or questions to Jennifer Campbell.